Attendees that are minors (Under 18 years old) MUST have the Liability Waiver and Release Form printed and signed by a parent or guardian PRIOR to attending the event. The minimum age limit to compete in any of our events is 15 (fifteen) years old. You can download the form below.
Young Attendees Policy: All attendees that are 14 years old or less to the event must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18+) at all times during the event. For attendees that are 7 years old or less, no ticket is required with the purchase of a ticket by the parent or guardian (can be any ticket including spectator). If a ticket is not purchased for the attendee 7 years old or less, that attendee will be considered a spectator in regard to tournaments, prizes, food and giveaways. For each attendee between and including the ages of 8 and 14, a full general admission or spectator ticket must be purchased. In all cases, any attendee 14 years old or less, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18+) at all times. If deemed necessary, any attendee that is violating any event rules can be asked to leave, at the sole discretion of SWVA Gaming staff.
Southwest Virginia Gaming's ultimate goal is to provide an exciting and entertaining environment for like-minded gamers and computer enthusiasts. To accomplish this goal, we have set some general guidelines for our events to ensure a pleasant atmosphere for everyone.
SWVA Gaming is not a legal entity. Therefore, we cannot and will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. This includes Hardware, Software, and You.
Rules and Guidelines
- Due to legal reasons, we ask that all attendees be 18+ years old. If you are a minor, we require you to either (a) be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or (b) have your parent or guardian sign a release of liability form prior to you arriving at the event.
- Respect others property. Only touch others stuff if you have their permission.
- Don't go behind/between the tables. Though we try to keep everything tidy, we enforce this rule to keep computers from hitting the floor.
- Ask a SWVA Gaming tech how to get on the network (Usually DHCP).
- No alcoholic beverages. Be prepared to surrender your keys and be sent home if you come to the party intoxicated. Nobody plays or drives while intoxicated. Period.
- No smoking in the building. Smoking is permitted outside.
- No weapons, drugs, etc.
- Do not attempt to hack our LAN or other machines. This will result in a call to the local police department and permanent banning from future events.
- Please have legal versions of all the games you intend to play. Stay legal and we won't get shut down. (In other words, no warez)
- Remember: It's just a game - don't make a virtual fight a real one.
- Refunds will not be given. If you must cancel for some reason, please notify the SWVA Gaming staff 24 hours prior to the event.
- Porn, profanity, rudeness, and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. We will issue a single warning - after the second offense, the person(s) will be asked to leave, without refund, and may be banned from future events.
- Please ensure antiviral software is installed, definitions up-to-date, and computers are scanned before the LAN. We hate to have to say this, but if you bring an infected computer to Crash and Burn, either knowingly or not, you will be asked to leave, without refund. If you are unsure, ask a SWVA Gaming tech member to help you before hooking into the network.
Due to legal reasons, if you lose your ticket we require a valid photo ID before we can grant you admission to the event. We also require that the name on your registration form match your photo ID. Failure to register with a valid First and Last name, and to produce valid photo ID can result in paying twice as we will have no way to verify your account.